To be eligible for Link-Up (NSW) services, you must be:
- A resident of NSW or ACT (unless referred by an interstate Link-Up)
- Over the age of 18 years
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Descent
- Experienced (or be a descendant of someone who has experienced) separation from family and community due to forcible removal; evidence of adoption, fostering or institutionalisation due to past government policies or practices prior to 1976.
We are unable to assist you with:
- Confirmation of Aboriginality (COA) unless you are a Link-Up Stolen Generations client who has had a reunion
- Family tracing and family tree research unless you are eligible to become a client
- Native title, land rights, or compensation claims
- Financial assistance outside our core business services
- Locating missing persons
- Funeral expenses, including gravestones, plaques and monuments
- More than one reunion
If you would like more information on your eligibility to become a client, please contact us on (02) 9421 4700 or you can do your own Family History Research by clicking the link below to our Family History Research Guide.